The other side of Fear - Day 59
How are you feeling? Bright, chirpy, confident?
Has this year inspired you to be courageous, happy and carefree?
No, me neither.
Funny that .
Funny what a year of daily death counts terrifying headlines and harsh social media arguments can do.
This time last year, well, add a month to make it before we discovered covid, all I was scared about was doing my first keynote talk in front of 150 strangers in Fiji. Fear wasn't a thing for me. Decades of bowel loosening stage-fright before every show yes, semi-constant fear about the world and my future no.
Well my friends, I'm here to tell you I've had enough. I know better. I'm too old to be told scary stories daily. I refuse.
When you want to change something, whether it's your fitness levels, your health, your economic situation, it's a good idea to have a plan. If you want to get fitter, starting within your limits is reasonable. Go for a walk. If you want your nutrition to be better, clear the crap out of your cupboards. Figure out your first step.
How do you change your state of mind from fear to peaceful and confident?
I started researching yesterday.
I learnt from Martha Beck that you can distract your brain by looking for colours around your room
I learnt from Elizabeth Gilbert that it's a good time to renew your spiritual practice if you have one.
I decided that I want to start each day with meditation and prayer. Like fitness, I've done it before, I can do it again. Like fitness, it always feels good and you can feel the benefits immediately.
I choose to make my own intuition and guidance my news, not the doom shriekers and drama queens of the media.
This is my plan for a more courageous life.
1) I am putting up a firm firewall against opinionated friends or strangers. This is my new boundary. If we can agree to have a difference of opinion and respect each other's stance, you're in. If you understand that what we see as true is a matter of opinion, you're in. If not, I have a safety wall and bless you but you're not welcome.
2) I am actively seeking out more positive courageous people to have as friends, role models and a fun community.
3) I will do my own work to be one of those positive courageous people.
4) I will create a daily discipline of meditation and manifestation journaling.
5) I will watch and listen to comedies, I will read more books and spend less time on Facebook.
6) I will go for a good walk daily.
7) I will expect miracles and marvels, joy and fun.
8) Whenever I am distracted the headlines which inspire fear, I will go back to steps 2,3,4,5 and 6.
It's time to start.
Love love love
So my friends, here is my challenge.
I will share Spun Into Gold - The Secret Life of a Female Magician with over a Magical Million readers.
I promise to bring you my almost daily efforts and adventures on the path.
I also promise not to give up for one magical year and a day!
Thank you for keeping me company.
Off we go!
A million readers here we come!
It's available worldwide in paperback and on audiobook, narrated by yours truly and has received 97% 5 star reviews from 300 reviews worldwide and lots of personal messages saying how much people have enjoyed it.
UK Signed Copy from Me
and NOW as a downloadable E-Book for £4.99 on my Website Shop.
All that's needed to reach over a million readers is an extra special swirl of golden magic, positive thought and help from my friends.